New playable race is called Scaurians (https://opengameart.org/content/big-space-dude) is merchant race. It gains one extra credit from trading buildings and 50% credits when doing trade with other player. Then there are the privateer ships. These can be use to steal cargo of merchant ships. Since these ships cannot be recognized from other player's privateer ships they can be used also for attacking against player whom you have peace or even alliance. So essential they more like space pirate ships. New version is available in Github:https://github.com/tuomount/Open-Realms-of-Stars/releases
I made couple of ships and starbases with your building kit. I'll be using in my 4X Space strategy game. These ships are for merchant race called Scaurians.
If someone else wants to use these, just give credits to BizmasterStudios and use same license as the original ones.
Yes, I am will add random events at some point. Main focus at the moment is get base game working and getting more features there. I also keep Github's issue tracker as road map and there are the at least next versions issues open.
I have thinking to add at least some kind of space anomalies floating in map while exploring it. Those could contain new techs, ships, credits or space monsters for example. Also when colonizating new planet there could happen sometimes some random events. But in I think random events should fit just fine game like this since there is no multiplayer and game does not need to be fair.
Biggest changes are Trade ships which allow generating more credits while they travel between players, Improved AI attack and added new music and sound effects to game. Sounds and music are from OGA.
Music:
* Nautilus by poinl,
* Brave Space Explorers by Alexandr Zhelanov
* Lost Signal by PetterTheSturgeon.
Sounds effects:
* Starbase deploy sound Adaptation by Tuomo Untinen original sounds by Lee Barkovich and Michel Baradari
* Ship repair sound Adaptation by Tuomo Untinen, original sounds by Lee Barkovich
* Laser_07 as EMP explosion by Little Robot Sound Factory,
* Teleport sound by Michel Baradari
* Wormhole sound Adaptation by Tuomo Untinen, original sounds by Écrivain
Here is screenshot where trade ships are near Upsilon Pevo I.
And if you are interested the release can be found from here:
I would need the star destroyer without background. I am developping 4x space game and I was thinking to use your ship in a news screen where first/biggest trading ship arrives on a planet. And I would like to draw the planet where it arrived into background. So it would vary during the game. Resolution is not that important. Planets are now about 500x500 pixels, so it probably needs to be somewhere close to that. I have to try it out if it looks better when ship is bigger than planet or vice versa. So 1024x1024 should be fine, I'll just down scale it from there.
There is version 0.4.0Alpha available.
Biggest changes are new musics, new playable race and privateer ships.
Idea is to have each space race own diplomatic music when having diplomacy with them. Currently there are:
New playable race is called Scaurians (https://opengameart.org/content/big-space-dude) is merchant race. It gains one extra credit from trading buildings and 50% credits when doing trade with other player. Then there are the privateer ships. These can be use to steal cargo of merchant ships. Since these ships cannot be recognized from other player's privateer ships they can be used also for attacking against player whom you have peace or even alliance. So essential they more like space pirate ships.
New version is available in Github:https://github.com/tuomount/Open-Realms-of-Stars/releases
Awesome music!
I am using this in my Space strategy game called Open Realm of Stars as diplomacy music for humans.
There is one thread here in OGA with screenshots available:
https://opengameart.org/forumtopic/open-realm-of-stars
Then full project is available in Github:
https://github.com/tuomount/Open-Realms-of-Stars
I made couple of ships and starbases with your building kit. I'll be using in my 4X Space strategy game. These ships are for merchant race called Scaurians.
If someone else wants to use these, just give credits to BizmasterStudios and use same license as the original ones.
Yes, I am will add random events at some point. Main focus at the moment is get base game working and getting more features there. I also keep Github's issue tracker as road map and there are the at least next versions issues open.
https://github.com/tuomount/Open-Realms-of-Stars/issues
I have thinking to add at least some kind of space anomalies floating in map while exploring it. Those could contain new techs, ships, credits or space monsters for example. Also when colonizating new planet there could happen sometimes some random events. But in I think random events should fit just fine game like this since there is no multiplayer and game does not need to be fair.
There is now new version available:
https://github.com/tuomount/Open-Realms-of-Stars/releases/tag/open-realm...
Biggest changes are Trade ships which allow generating more credits while they travel between players, Improved AI attack and added new music and sound effects to game. Sounds and music are from OGA.
Music:
* Nautilus by poinl,
* Brave Space Explorers by Alexandr Zhelanov
* Lost Signal by PetterTheSturgeon.
Sounds effects:
* Starbase deploy sound Adaptation by Tuomo Untinen original sounds by Lee Barkovich and Michel Baradari
* Ship repair sound Adaptation by Tuomo Untinen, original sounds by Lee Barkovich
* Laser_07 as EMP explosion by Little Robot Sound Factory,
* Teleport sound by Michel Baradari
* Wormhole sound Adaptation by Tuomo Untinen, original sounds by Écrivain
Here is screenshot where trade ships are near Upsilon Pevo I.
And if you are interested the release can be found from here:
https://github.com/tuomount/Open-Realms-of-Stars/releases/tag/open-realm...
Excellent! Thanks!
I would need the star destroyer without background. I am developping 4x space game and I was thinking to use your ship in a news screen where first/biggest trading ship arrives on a planet. And I would like to draw the planet where it arrived into background. So it would vary during the game. Resolution is not that important. Planets are now about 500x500 pixels, so it probably needs to be somewhere close to that. I have to try it out if it looks better when ship is bigger than planet or vice versa. So 1024x1024 should be fine, I'll just down scale it from there.
Wow! You made these yourself? If so you sound very much like a announcer in movie trailers.
Any change that you still would have the plain spaceship without the background?
Pages