Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- Where can I learn Game Art by Arcanorum
- music in the style of michiru yamane? by Blackwolfdave
- Iconic art by chasersgaming
- I'd love to hire a FamiTracker composer! by Aeitia
- Building a Library of Images for Everyone by Eric Matyas
- Security - Add a appropriate SSL-Cert by jwiese
- [PSS] Request for 3 scifi races sprites by MalRey
- [Shooter multiplayer 2D] looking for graphists (game already playable!) by Mastiff
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Popular This Week - (view more)
Latest Art - (view more)
Latest Art by my Friends - (view more)
Featured Art - (view more)
Just wanted to put out a quick reminder about the Sci-Fi props contest we're running. We're giving away Amazon gift cards and Google Wave invites (if you don't already have one). You can read more about the contest here. The contest ends on the 28th of December, so now is a great time to get started! :)
Over the next several weeks, OGA will be running a 3D modeling contest. We'll be asking that people submit Sci-Fi props (guns, crates, medkits, devices, etc) in the 3D format of their choice.
Here are the rules, in brief:
- The meshes you submit must be your own work.
- If you submit a textured mesh, the textures must be your own work as well.
- You must agree to license your work under GPL 2+ and CC-BY-SA 3+.
- Your work will remain your property, but it will be archived here regardless of whether you win the contest.
- OpenGameArt.org reserves the right to reject pornographic or offensive entries.
- Submissions will be judged by OGA staff (and possibly some guest judges) on creativity, effort, and execution.
- You may submit more than one entry, but there is a maximum of one prize per person.
- Contest entries must be received by no later than Midnight on Monday, December 28th. Results will be announced one week later.
We will be giving away three Amazon gift cards as prizes, in the values of $75, $50, and $25 for the first three places. Google Wave invites will be available for the first four places, for those who are interested.
Please feel free to contact us or reply to this post with any questions!
So, OGA has a list of feature requests that's a mile long, and I, as the lone developer, simply don't have enough time to tackle them all. If you're an experienced php coder (particularly if you know Drupal), OGA could use your help debugging and adding new features. If you'd be interested in volunteering your mad coding skillz, please reply here or send me a message with the contact form.
Quite a traffic spike we're getting today. Those of who who haven't seen OGA before, welcome to the site. We're glad to have you here. :)
Feel free to browse around, grab some content and use it in your projects (in accordance with the license terms, of course). And if you're feeling generous, why not grab a random model or texture off of your hard drive and upload it for the community? You'd be surprised what kinds of objects would come in handy for a game.
P.S. I'm a different Bart than the guy on BlenderNation. :)
P.P.S. Follow OGA on Twitter!
Just wanted to let everyone know that we've posted a couple of new art commissions.
Secondly, we've completed the first of many parts of the OGA Community Tileset (by qubodup, Blarumyrran, and myself), which you can find here.