...making the bronze one go away would be a lot harder to code. It's something I'd like to think we'll get around to, but there are more important things on the priority list at the moment and not enough time to address them. :)
On behalf of OGA, I'd like to formally throw our weight behind a graphical revamp of your project. I'd like to talk to you in real time, though, so if you can stop by our IRC channel, I'd appreciate it. :)
You've got a cool project there. The demo looks extremely solid. That said, OGA can't officially throw its weight behind your project, as it makes use of a copyrighted character.
Mind you, I realize you're planning on replacing the Sega art with original art, which is a good start, but as long as the main character is recognizeable as Sonic (even if you, say, make him green and creatively misspell his name), you're not on safe legal ground. If you're willing to rename your project and create original characters, there's a good chance we can officially offer you some assistance. If you'd rather not, you're still free to discuss your project on our forum, and even look for artists here -- it's just that, as it stands, it's outside of our official scope.
Anyway, we're glad to have you here. Stick around, and feel free to drop by our IRC channel too. :)
I actually noticed and fixed the admin forums problem yesterday. For the time being, no forum posts will go to twitter until I can figure out a way to filter them.
I didn't change anything about it. While I may delete posts at times, I don't change someone else's post without their explicit permission, because I don't want to misrepresent what they said. I'm not sure what would have triggered that email, but I can tell you that it definitely wasn't me.
As for my criticism, the wording of your post suggests that we receive a lot of requests like that, and we're annoyed or exasperated with them. Honestly, the main problem is with your first paragraph. Opening by saying that no one is going to pay attention to the post or take it seriously is off-putting. You might also consider using some more positive phrasing, like "here's how you could improve your request", rather than "here's where you messed up".
...making the bronze one go away would be a lot harder to code. It's something I'd like to think we'll get around to, but there are more important things on the priority list at the moment and not enough time to address them. :)
On behalf of OGA, I'd like to formally throw our weight behind a graphical revamp of your project. I'd like to talk to you in real time, though, so if you can stop by our IRC channel, I'd appreciate it. :)
Stop by the #opengameart IRC channel on Freenode. There's a link to a web client in the upper right corner of the site. :)
Bart
I was poking around on http://planet.fedoraproject.org/ and saw a link to a cool-looking font, which led back to the League of Movable Type site.
Fixed.
...and welcome aboard!
You've got a cool project there. The demo looks extremely solid. That said, OGA can't officially throw its weight behind your project, as it makes use of a copyrighted character.
Mind you, I realize you're planning on replacing the Sega art with original art, which is a good start, but as long as the main character is recognizeable as Sonic (even if you, say, make him green and creatively misspell his name), you're not on safe legal ground. If you're willing to rename your project and create original characters, there's a good chance we can officially offer you some assistance. If you'd rather not, you're still free to discuss your project on our forum, and even look for artists here -- it's just that, as it stands, it's outside of our official scope.
Anyway, we're glad to have you here. Stick around, and feel free to drop by our IRC channel too. :)
Bart
Love these tiles. :)
Bart
Awesome work!
Tagged as Featured Art. :)
Bart
I actually noticed and fixed the admin forums problem yesterday. For the time being, no forum posts will go to twitter until I can figure out a way to filter them.
Bart
I didn't change anything about it. While I may delete posts at times, I don't change someone else's post without their explicit permission, because I don't want to misrepresent what they said. I'm not sure what would have triggered that email, but I can tell you that it definitely wasn't me.
As for my criticism, the wording of your post suggests that we receive a lot of requests like that, and we're annoyed or exasperated with them. Honestly, the main problem is with your first paragraph. Opening by saying that no one is going to pay attention to the post or take it seriously is off-putting. You might also consider using some more positive phrasing, like "here's how you could improve your request", rather than "here's where you messed up".
Bart
Pages