Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- Tips & Generators for you by Game_assets_66
- [Patreon][Pixel art] How to draw a rounded rock by Game_assets_66
- Here is a Step by Step How to Make 2D Cartoon Vector Art Tutorial by Game_assets_66
- Non-Attributive Copyleft License by Deathsbreed
- LF a friend that can create 2d art by vody105
- Looking for programer for RPG game. by Anton R
- Intro / Project to help students by strongalexis
- Just Uploaded Tons of MUSIC by AnnaLin
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: 2D Platformer Jungle Pack by MarshalBlake
- Re: Background for games #2 by Game_assets_66
- Re: Background for games #2 by isaiah658
- Re: Shipyard by Rainbow Design
- Re: Trumpet by ManyAliases
- Re: Isometric Buildings #1 by IndieDevs
- Re: Zombie Character Sprite by IndieDevs
- Re: Tiki Sprite [32x32] by IndieDevs
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Popular This Week - (view more)
Latest Art - (view more)
Latest Art by my Friends - (view more)
Featured Art - (view more)
Just a heads up, since a lot of people might be interested in this:
Today only, Kenney's complete CC0 asset pack (normally available only to donors) can be downloaded from his site for free:
Spoiler: My favorite program from Part 1 is Krita, although I cover a number of editors, and you don't need to be using Krita to follow along with later videos. You can safely skip the second video if you're not interested in Krita, although I'd recommend checking it out. :)
Tutorial forum threads:
There's a free/open source pixel editor (aptly named "pixeditor") written in Python that could use a new maintainer. You can see an old forum thread about it here.
It's stable and usable as it is, and has (in my opinion) about the most intuitive animation support that I've seen in any pixel editing program, but it's still in need of some more features.
Here's a relatively recent screenshot. Notice the animation timeline.
If you're interested in contributing, the original author has offered to help someone get started. You can find the git repository here.
A short video explaining how to use the collections feature and automatically generate credits files here on OGA.
This is the first tutorial for OGA's new YouTube channel. I've also posted it to the Tutorials forum.
Also, as an aside, we have a couple of new features:
- It's now possible to add a youtube video to forum posts. Other video sites (Vimeo, etc) may be added if there's demand.
- I added the share icons to forum posts. Should have thought to do that earlier. :)