Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- Fan Based Games by Boom Shaka
- Help me grow my facebook page. by Kemono
- Plagiates and legal issues by kagerato
- Free Music Resource by Eric Matyas
- All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use by Eric Matyas
- Fellow dev's help us reach greenlight on steam ! by John_jones12
- Flare On WIndows by mystique_81
- Krita Files by TheraHedwig
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: Game Icons of Fantasy Mage Outfit by llazauskas
- Re: Minimalist Forest Pack by Yarkario Lu
- Re: One by jdle200
- Re: LPC style farm animals by Hydroque
- Re: Seamless cave background by Yarkario Lu
- Re: Seamless cave in parts by Boom Shaka
- Re: JS Actor - Witch by mold
- Re: Bevouliin Free Running and Jumping Mascot Sprite Sheets by yunz.bill
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Popular This Week - (view more)
Latest Art - (view more)
Latest Art by my Friends - (view more)
Just a heads up, since a lot of people might be interested in this:
Today only, Kenney's complete CC0 asset pack (normally available only to donors) can be downloaded from his site for free:
Spoiler: My favorite program from Part 1 is Krita, although I cover a number of editors, and you don't need to be using Krita to follow along with later videos. You can safely skip the second video if you're not interested in Krita, although I'd recommend checking it out. :)
Tutorial forum threads:
There's a free/open source pixel editor (aptly named "pixeditor") written in Python that could use a new maintainer. You can see an old forum thread about it here.
It's stable and usable as it is, and has (in my opinion) about the most intuitive animation support that I've seen in any pixel editing program, but it's still in need of some more features.
Here's a relatively recent screenshot. Notice the animation timeline.
If you're interested in contributing, the original author has offered to help someone get started. You can find the git repository here.
A short video explaining how to use the collections feature and automatically generate credits files here on OGA.
This is the first tutorial for OGA's new YouTube channel. I've also posted it to the Tutorials forum.
Also, as an aside, we have a couple of new features:
- It's now possible to add a youtube video to forum posts. Other video sites (Vimeo, etc) may be added if there's demand.
- I added the share icons to forum posts. Should have thought to do that earlier. :)