- Modern Combat 5 Blackout - Environment Art by mihail.lupu
- Preferred Composer Software by el-corleo
- Tips And Advice For Me and Other Devolpers by vipergames
- Tormentum - indie game (2D game art) by OhNoo Studio
- House tiles - base lpc bugs by tricid
- the 2d vs 3d flame/thread for games - which is easy or/and difficult. by ulf
- IOS Developer Looking for Artist by GroundhogGrafix
- InsaneBump with Linux-support by rubberduck
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
In this video, I go over some basic tips for improving your art, and also for making the best art possible with your current skill level. I do two pixel art demonstrations with the same subject (a vase I rendered in Blender), one of a simple shape with an outline, and two using solid blocks of color to demonstrate how to give an object a sense of volume with light and shadow.
The forum thread for this tutorial is here:
Just a heads up, since a lot of people might be interested in this:
Today only, Kenney's complete CC0 asset pack (normally available only to donors) can be downloaded from his site for free:
Spoiler: My favorite program from Part 1 is Krita, although I cover a number of editors, and you don't need to be using Krita to follow along with later videos. You can safely skip the second video if you're not interested in Krita, although I'd recommend checking it out. :)
Tutorial forum threads:
There's a free/open source pixel editor (aptly named "pixeditor") written in Python that could use a new maintainer. You can see an old forum thread about it here.
It's stable and usable as it is, and has (in my opinion) about the most intuitive animation support that I've seen in any pixel editing program, but it's still in need of some more features.
Here's a relatively recent screenshot. Notice the animation timeline.
If you're interested in contributing, the original author has offered to help someone get started. You can find the git repository here.
A short video explaining how to use the collections feature and automatically generate credits files here on OGA.