- Need Tiles for Terraria like game. by Stealth Kill
- Dark Souls-like Art by summonerx12
- Feedback on Team Deathmatch (Chi Land) by Chris_M_The_Gam...
- I have started modeling work on my video game by Chris_M_The_Gam...
- Free Music Resource by Eric Matyas
- All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use by Eric Matyas
- Using Liberated Pixel Cup Assets in a Commercial Game by MedicineStorm
- Modifying the LPC Graphics by MedicineStorm
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
There was an old, unused test Drupal instance that was sitting on the server unpatched, with a couple of PHP scripts sitting in the files directory, including one that was meant to send outgoing mail. I've removed the test instance in question and started the mail server back up. It's always possible that I didn't get everything, so please let me know here in a comment (or in a private message) if you receive any more suspicious emails from OGA.
Hi. I got word an hour or two ago that the site was sending out phishing emails to OGA user accounts. If you have recently received a sketchy, poorly-spelled email that starts with "Your Acount is disabled for the purposes of security", you can safely assume that your account was not, in fact, disabled for the purposes of security, and under no circumstances should you provide anyone with any of your passwords, particularly information pertaining to your "Peypal" account, as the email calls it.
I have currently disabled the mail server on OGA until I can assess the extent of the hack. Since they managed to get a complete list of account emails, it's safe to assume that they also grabbed (hashed) passwords, so you should consider your OGA password compromised and change it wherever you're using it, particularly if you're using it with the email address that you used to sign up to OGA. Until I've determined the source of the intrusion, it's probably best to hold off on changing your OGA password.
I'll post another blog entry as soon as I know more.
Update: As of 12 hours later, the malware scan I'm running on the server is about half done. I'll post an update when it's finished.
I saw this last night and thought I'd share: The British Library has a Flickr account with over a million public domain images, here:
The images are all pretty old, so how useful they'll be for your game depends entirely on what kind of aestheic you're going for, but there's a wealth of excellent stuff there. In particular, I recommend poking through the Albums section, where you can find items that have been sorted into categories.
I did a couple test searches and the results look better now. Solr still needs to be set up, but this should do in the meantime.
I added some smarter caching to the front page, which should make it load noticeably faster (and help ease the load on the database, which should improve responsiveness of the whole site).
Also, we're rebuilding the search index as a stopgap measure to fix some of our more pressing search issues until we can get Solr working. There are a total of about 87,000 items to index, and from the look of it, it's going to take around half a day, assuming that all of the items take the same amount of time as the first thousand or so (which they probably won't, but it's all I have to go on). I believe I've managed to find and fix the problem that was causing new items not to be indexed, and I've also added some code to forcibly index art tags (which seem to have been indexed inconsistently until now).
I'll post an update when it's done. Until then, searches might not turn up many results.
Edit: At the time of this edit, it's a bit less than half way done, so it's going to have to run over night. I'll check back in the morning. In the meantime, I apologize for any performance issues.