Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- Weekly Challenge: Share the Love (due Feb. 19) by dannorder
- CC0 Scraps by Danimal
- Game Project Name : Ninja Dog Realm by Ninja Dog
- I need an artist thats willing to draw some pixel art for my game by bedfl2016
- Kha-lhen Supremacy alpha stage by ayrin
- Sam Foster Sound | Experienced Composer for Hire by titanicpiano14
- Looking for a good iPad app for Pixel Art by chasersgaming
- Looking for a game composer? Look no further! by dorrellmusic
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: 8x8 Rogue-Like Char/Enemies/Tiles by knife_drawer_games
- Re: Wood Texture Tiles by lucaslm
- Re: Tiny 16: Expanded Player Sprites by Sharm
- Re: Zelda-like tilesets and sprites by capbros
- Re: Tiny 16: Expanded Player Sprites by capbros
- Re: 8x8 Rogue-Like Char/Enemies/Tiles by dannorder
- Re: Pixel futuristic soldier by farrer
- Re: Tiny 16: Basic by Sharm
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Popular This Week - (view more)
Latest Art - (view more)
Latest Art by my Friends - (view more)
Featured Art - (view more)
Just so people are aware, I moved the Private Message links from the content block in the upper left to a link on the right side of the header, per Surt's suggestion.
The web server was down for some hours today. Didn't discover it until a few minutes ago. We're working on figuring out why it happened. It's almost certainly due to a configuration issue of some kind since we've updated pretty much everything.
I just set up a private messaging system here on OGA.
If you're logged in, you should notice a "Private Messages" heading at the top left corner of the front page. From there, you can view any private messages that you have. Additionally, you'll receive a notification in a green box at the top of the page if you have any unread messages.
If you want to send a message to a user, you can either do it from their user page (right under their user portrait) or from the "Write new message" link.
By default, you'll receive an email when someone sends you a private message. You can turn this off from your user profile page, under Private Messages. You can also disable private messages entirely if you want.
Finally, if you're finding an individual person to be particularly bothersome, you can block private messages from them and no one else by clicking on the "Blocked Users" tab on the Messages page and entering their username in the box.
In the near future, I'll be adding a link to art pages so users can be messaged directly from there.
If you have any questions or issues, reply below (or send me a private message).
Just did a big site update under the hood, which involved moving the site to a bigger machine so we can eliminate those disk full errors. We also updated the operating system, PHP, and a bunch of Drupal modules, so if you notice any bugs, please reply here and report them and I'll try to get to them ASAP.
- Apache Solr is hosed right now. I don't know how I set it up, and I'm having some issues getting it working again. If there are any solr experts reading this, let me know and I'll describe what's going on. Edit: Clint Bellanger (of FLARE fame) is going to help me out with this tomorrow. Thanks, Clint!
- I'm going to get private messaging working in the next day or two. Stay tuned for an announcement. Edit: This is now done.
- I'm getting some random errors when I try to save and delete some content. I'm currently trying to track down the issue.
OGA contributor Kenney (creator of perhaps the most popular free 2D asset packs on the internet today) is putting together a physical venue for game development, which you can read about on his IndieGogo page, here:
Here's what he has to say about it:
Kenney Land is a local venue in Kerkrade (Netherlands, my hometown) where game developers can come to work, learn, teach, create and play. There will be events organized like workshops, trainings (for beginners and advanced developers), meetings and game jams. There will also be resource available for game developers to use, like assets and book but also development kits for consoles.If you decide to pledge $20 or more you'll receive an asset pack which contains 4,000 never before seen assets which include explosions, aliens in spaceships, isometric buildings and the Roguelike pack!