How do I render where the background is transparent, the body is hidden / the weapon animation frames are the same as what the Flare engine uses (invisible body but the hand cuts out an invisible section in the weapon grip in the weapon animation frame)? What blender settings are used to make better renders that the engine uses. It seems like the answer should be right in my face by I am still very fresh to blender's animations. I think with a few more tips and tricks I can start producing working Flare engine animation assets. What am I missing in blender to turn the below image made to firing up blender directly from the .blend file into a working animation frame? Also does current Blender / 2.80+ / 2.83 work for this properly or should I use 2.79?
Thank you I will have to tinker around and get better with blender and figure out how to properly export the frames and with the proper camera render settings.
Well met, the new animations are a good idea and I'd prefer that solution. Yet I am currently unskillful in the needed animation skills to do this properly myself. Also I am not sure who has the talent and the desire to create new animations for both the male and female Flare player character avatar sprites. Even if the animations were made I am sure that itemization optimizations could be found; yet collectively we as a community currently lack the animation set(s) for dual wielding.
I am currently hoping in the near future (with aid from Danimal) to have a stop-gap 'version 1' of dual wielding with ~'sword and board' / one-handed weapon + shield preexisting animations to get the dual wielding system off the ground. Yet I feel that this could be improved if there were dedicated dual wielding animations for Flare. I wish for dual wielding play-style to exist in Flare. Yet what I wonder what options we have to make this desire work and manifest into reality?
I suppose that leaves us with the natural question that arises from that we both agree on new dual wielding animations being valuable for Flare; but now the focus shifts to how to make new animations for Flare? Danimal knows how to make new animations (as evidenced in his work) and I hope that I can learn in the future to help out myself as well. Additionally I feel that the more creative expertise that is shared with the community the better the community becomes and more can be improved upon with Flare :-).
https://www.youtube.com/user/larsandersen23/videos Lars Andersen is a great embodiment of what light bows can do. Also in the Crusades / middle east-ish there was use of light bows, lots of shots, shorter range but against armour they were not very effective but in the heat it is hard to wear armour in some places so its all connected together.
I am going to have to tinker with bows and arrows and ranged weapons although for now I gave a cool down of 2.0 seconds to the ranged Shoot ability to still enable quick snap shooting, prevent immobilization and weird slow attack animation and red debuff text on all ranged weapons while still simulating reload and the general delay of reloading / getting ready to shoot. Also it is possible to run around and reload kinda so it works like that as well. High mobility possible yet still if you want high slaughter than melee is preferred.
Also I had to go a bit drastic on my armour since I had so many types and so little % places to use (only 100; but really ~70-60 effectively). I increased the base movement speed to 7.5 (up from 6) to still be believable but to mainly compensate how I had to resort to forcing my on paper armour system to work in the confines of whole integer % numbers with regards to speed penalties; as extrapolated below (also I wanted this to be mana regeneration but such an itemization attribute did not exist at the time):
"Armour Classification Ratio: (100 / 15 + None Classification) 0.00000 +/-0% Mana Pool +/-0% Movement Speed - None 0.06667 +/-0% Mana Pool +/-0% Movement Speed - Clothing 0.13333 +/-0% Mana Pool -10% Movement Speed - Light Cloth Armour 0.20000 +/-0% Mana Pool -20% Movement Speed - Medium Cloth Armour 0.26667 +/-0% Mana Pool -30% Movement Speed - Heavy Cloth Armour 0.33333 -1% Mana Pool -40% Movement Speed - Light Leather Armour 0.40000 -2% Mana Pool -40% Movement Speed - Medium Leather Armour 0.46667 -3% Mana Pool -40% Movement Speed - Heavy Leather Armour 0.53333 -4% Mana Pool -50% Movement Speed - Light Mail Armour 0.60000 -5% Mana Pool -50% Movement Speed - Medium Mail Armour 0.66667 -6% Mana Pool -50% Movement Speed - Heavy Mail Armour 0.73333 -7% Mana Pool -60% Movement Speed - Light Plate Armour 0.80000 -8% Mana Pool -60% Movement Speed - Medium Plate Armour 0.86667 -9% Mana Pool -60% Movement Speed - Heavy Plate Armour 0.93333 -10% Mana Pool -70% Movement Speed - Massive Plate Armour 1.00000 -11% Mana Pool -70% Movement Speed - Gargantuan Plate Armour
-Matthew Gordon Roulston 12:51 AM 22st / 08 (August) / 2021" A subsystem of my armour itemization system.
I wish I had fractions of % to use so I can avoid this issue with 10 main armour pieces and only whole number / integers to use per piece of armour of a combined set of 10: "Light/Medium/Heavy Plate Armour
-60% Movement Speed 10 - 12 Torso -6% Movement Speed 9 - 11 Head -6% Movement Speed 8 - 10 Legs -6% Movement Speed 7 - 9 Hands -6% Movement Speed 6 - 8 Shoulders -6% Movement Speed 5 - 6 Waist -6% Movement Speed 4 - 5 Shins -6% Movement Speed 3 - 4 Feet -6% Movement Speed 2 - 3 Wrists -6% Movement Speed 1 - 2 Arms -6% Movement Speed"
I wish that each armour piece can be more close to my original prototype of having the wrist be less slowing than the torso armour but I am limited by whole numbers / integers regards to itemization. I hope in 1.13 I can use fractions of % such a -2.5% Speed or -0.3% Speed or etc. I did a basic rough implementation of my paper armour system into flare but it feels very crude and kinda making due under limitations of whole numbers. When you have many armour types, many armour pieces, whole numbers of 0-100% run out pretty quick XD.
Notice the speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8yHeF4KRk that is a warbow (and a crossbow), the warbow is not a practice bow or a light bow but a bow designed specially to kill and win / not lose too badly battles and hopefully wars. Sure light bows can be fast but they lack the power to really do serious damage like a war bow.
How do I render where the background is transparent, the body is hidden / the weapon animation frames are the same as what the Flare engine uses (invisible body but the hand cuts out an invisible section in the weapon grip in the weapon animation frame)? What blender settings are used to make better renders that the engine uses. It seems like the answer should be right in my face by I am still very fresh to blender's animations. I think with a few more tips and tricks I can start producing working Flare engine animation assets. What am I missing in blender to turn the below image made to firing up blender directly from the .blend file into a working animation frame? Also does current Blender / 2.80+ / 2.83 work for this properly or should I use 2.79?
Thank you I will have to tinker around and get better with blender and figure out how to properly export the frames and with the proper camera render settings.
Thank you for your careful work and dedication :-). I wrote a rather quite large reply on the new feature page for Percentage bonuses to stats at https://github.com/flareteam/flare-engine/issues/1786#issuecomment-94802...
Was this ever implemented / added to 1.13 features? I was poking around and looking around and going over some key engine parts I was looking for to see if they implemented / progress tracking and this came up. I noticed that Fractional stat values and Arbitrary definition of resources (e.g. HP and MP) were on the 1.13 list : https://github.com/flareteam/flare-engine/milestone/12 and I noticed that this https://opengameart.org/forumtopic/enemygrouprequireslevel-enemygroupreq... was worked on for 1.13 https://github.com/flareteam/flare-engine/commit/535d35dc47e7d3e4db5772b... although I am not finding anything about hp_regen_percent and mp_regen_percent for 1.13 although I might be not looking in the right spots or if not I hope to ask for more information on this potential feature.
Thank you, no rush; sounds great:-).
Hey Danimal how goes the battle? Happy Halloween / Canadian Thanks Giving. Best of luck:-).
It would be nice to try it out perhaps?
Well met, the new animations are a good idea and I'd prefer that solution. Yet I am currently unskillful in the needed animation skills to do this properly myself. Also I am not sure who has the talent and the desire to create new animations for both the male and female Flare player character avatar sprites. Even if the animations were made I am sure that itemization optimizations could be found; yet collectively we as a community currently lack the animation set(s) for dual wielding.
I am currently hoping in the near future (with aid from Danimal) to have a stop-gap 'version 1' of dual wielding with ~'sword and board' / one-handed weapon + shield preexisting animations to get the dual wielding system off the ground. Yet I feel that this could be improved if there were dedicated dual wielding animations for Flare. I wish for dual wielding play-style to exist in Flare. Yet what I wonder what options we have to make this desire work and manifest into reality?
I suppose that leaves us with the natural question that arises from that we both agree on new dual wielding animations being valuable for Flare; but now the focus shifts to how to make new animations for Flare? Danimal knows how to make new animations (as evidenced in his work) and I hope that I can learn in the future to help out myself as well. Additionally I feel that the more creative expertise that is shared with the community the better the community becomes and more can be improved upon with Flare :-).
https://www.youtube.com/user/larsandersen23/videos Lars Andersen is a great embodiment of what light bows can do. Also in the Crusades / middle east-ish there was use of light bows, lots of shots, shorter range but against armour they were not very effective but in the heat it is hard to wear armour in some places so its all connected together.
I am going to have to tinker with bows and arrows and ranged weapons although for now I gave a cool down of 2.0 seconds to the ranged Shoot ability to still enable quick snap shooting, prevent immobilization and weird slow attack animation and red debuff text on all ranged weapons while still simulating reload and the general delay of reloading / getting ready to shoot. Also it is possible to run around and reload kinda so it works like that as well. High mobility possible yet still if you want high slaughter than melee is preferred.
Also I had to go a bit drastic on my armour since I had so many types and so little % places to use (only 100; but really ~70-60 effectively). I increased the base movement speed to 7.5 (up from 6) to still be believable but to mainly compensate how I had to resort to forcing my on paper armour system to work in the confines of whole integer % numbers with regards to speed penalties; as extrapolated below (also I wanted this to be mana regeneration but such an itemization attribute did not exist at the time):
"Armour Classification Ratio: (100 / 15 + None Classification)
0.00000 +/-0% Mana Pool +/-0% Movement Speed - None
0.06667 +/-0% Mana Pool +/-0% Movement Speed - Clothing
0.13333 +/-0% Mana Pool -10% Movement Speed - Light Cloth Armour
0.20000 +/-0% Mana Pool -20% Movement Speed - Medium Cloth Armour
0.26667 +/-0% Mana Pool -30% Movement Speed - Heavy Cloth Armour
0.33333 -1% Mana Pool -40% Movement Speed - Light Leather Armour
0.40000 -2% Mana Pool -40% Movement Speed - Medium Leather Armour
0.46667 -3% Mana Pool -40% Movement Speed - Heavy Leather Armour
0.53333 -4% Mana Pool -50% Movement Speed - Light Mail Armour
0.60000 -5% Mana Pool -50% Movement Speed - Medium Mail Armour
0.66667 -6% Mana Pool -50% Movement Speed - Heavy Mail Armour
0.73333 -7% Mana Pool -60% Movement Speed - Light Plate Armour
0.80000 -8% Mana Pool -60% Movement Speed - Medium Plate Armour
0.86667 -9% Mana Pool -60% Movement Speed - Heavy Plate Armour
0.93333 -10% Mana Pool -70% Movement Speed - Massive Plate Armour
1.00000 -11% Mana Pool -70% Movement Speed - Gargantuan Plate Armour
-Matthew Gordon Roulston 12:51 AM 22st / 08 (August) / 2021"
A subsystem of my armour itemization system.
I wish I had fractions of % to use so I can avoid this issue with 10 main armour pieces and only whole number / integers to use per piece of armour of a combined set of 10:
"Light/Medium/Heavy Plate Armour
-60% Movement Speed
10 - 12 Torso -6% Movement Speed
9 - 11 Head -6% Movement Speed
8 - 10 Legs -6% Movement Speed
7 - 9 Hands -6% Movement Speed
6 - 8 Shoulders -6% Movement Speed
5 - 6 Waist -6% Movement Speed
4 - 5 Shins -6% Movement Speed
3 - 4 Feet -6% Movement Speed
2 - 3 Wrists -6% Movement Speed
1 - 2 Arms -6% Movement Speed"
I wish that each armour piece can be more close to my original prototype of having the wrist be less slowing than the torso armour but I am limited by whole numbers / integers regards to itemization. I hope in 1.13 I can use fractions of % such a -2.5% Speed or -0.3% Speed or etc. I did a basic rough implementation of my paper armour system into flare but it feels very crude and kinda making due under limitations of whole numbers. When you have many armour types, many armour pieces, whole numbers of 0-100% run out pretty quick XD.
Also quick melee because of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo
Also two-handed melee is not that much slower at all really: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xruM1DylSZE Some of these attacks are less than a second apart.
Notice the speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w8yHeF4KRk that is a warbow (and a crossbow), the warbow is not a practice bow or a light bow but a bow designed specially to kill and win / not lose too badly battles and hopefully wars. Sure light bows can be fast but they lack the power to really do serious damage like a war bow.
Pages