- 2D - Collectibles
- 2D RPG tower defense tactics
- 2D/3D Collectables and Powerups
- Base pixel art for 3D pixelish RPG
- Billys Revenge artwork
- Fantasy Item Icons
- Generic Art Collection
- Liberated Pixel Cup
- Libre VCMI
- Morgan's Favorites
- platformer: Slash boxes
- Possible things for my LPC entry
- Quality Art for 2D RPGs
- Quality pieces
- Rooftop Defender
- RPG Game
- Space wars art
- Tales of Clicker Knights RPG
- Top Down 2D JRPG 32x32 Art Collection
- Ultimate TableTop
- UpsideDown android game
- Workable style 32x32 tiles
For Liberated Pixel Cup.
Here are three coins (Gold, Silver, Copper). They contain simple animations to make them stand out to the player:
- Floating/bobbing over the ground
- Shadow size changes slightly
- Shiny stripe flashes over the coin as it faces the viewer
Each frame is 32x32, 8 frames of animation per coin. The floor-center of the coin is at 16,28 (centered, 4 pixels from the bottom; in case you want to draw the coin at arbitrary locations instead of just inside a grid square).
Process: I first created the coin in Blender with a simple spinning animation and toon shading (see attached Blend file). Then I used GIMP to recolor the coins using 4 color ramps. In GIMP I also added the animated shadows, the bouncing positions, and the flash/stripe.
I also included the GIMP xcf files. It should be easy to create more item pickups in this style that reuse the same shadow animation.