Theo the Teddy
Monday, March 14, 2011 - 12:15
Your generic mammal for platform jump-and-run games.
- Could have been a cat or mouse as well.
- May be adjusted to represent about any mammal.
- Drag some vertices around with attract-near-tool to change nears and nose.
- Modelling T-pose and rigging in MisfitModel 3D.
- Be sure to make bigger heads for smaller resolution sprites!
- Remove invisible polys and reduce polycount for realtime.
- Vary outline thickness for your resolution and taste.
- Apply different color schemes but keep them distinctive.
- Color rotation can be used on bitmaps after rendering to get 'new' characters.
- Applicable downto about 24x24 pixel sprites.
- You may wish to rig the eyes.
- Generate pixel-art'ish sprites in gimp nearly automatically.
- No single stroke.
- Layers and readme with information on the process.
- Just layer operations and filters.
- Could probably be done fully automatical with scripts and imagemagick.
- The future of sprite compilation from highres bitmaps.
- Automate your art pipeline.
- Infinite sprites from single 3d model.
- Secret method! Don't tell.
Obj- and MS3D-File included.
Donation by hackcraft.de
theo_the_teddy_20110314.zip 1.3 Mb [142 download(s)]