Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- Open Pixel Project - Looking for help! by Hapiel
- Universal LPC Collection by ElizaWy
- Security - Add a appropriate SSL-Cert by Redshrike
- Weekly Challenge: Surt's Scraps (due March 26) by Mophs
- Site FAQ/Submission Guidelines Updates/Changes - PART 1 by DezrasDragons
- 2D Indie Game Art & Animation (pixel, vector, painted) by DesixStudios
- Building a Library of Images for Everyone by gfx0
- Experienced | 2D/3D Gaming Artist @ Indie Rates | Looking for Work by hephaestusent
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: "Chiptunes, sorta" by Aeitia
- Re: "Chiptunes, sorta" by MedicineStorm
- Re: 2D Game Orcs Sprite by hhx
- Re: A Bald Eagle by Aeitia
- Re: "CH-AY-NA" by Aeitia
- Re: A Bald Eagle by mold
- Re: Wintermute Game Engine Alternative Logo or Image sequence by mold
- Re: A million light years between us by Alexandr Zhelanov
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Shoot'em up graphic kit
SHOOT'EM UP GRAPHIC KIT README
My submission for the "Liberated Pixel Cup" is a complete graphic kit for "shoot'em up" games.
It is composed by a complete background tileset, some aircraft sheets and... a zombie rotten tomato animation. Yeah, I don't like to destroy other aircrafts. Tomatoes, it's OK.
Even if the submitted images are all released under a bitmap format (PNG), I only worked with descriptive formats like SVG and 3D blender's. The whole graphic kit is just a direct conversion made from these raw graphics. I made this choice because I really think that free art (like the ones licensed in GPL) can only be done this way.
A bitmap is a sampling, and as every sampling, it is a lack of information. User is not free to zoom in, for example. A lack of information is also a loss of freedom. That's why I think that only descriptive formats can be really free.
COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
All graphic resources are released under CC-BY-SA 3.0 license, the GNU GPL Version 3 and the GNU LGPL Version 3. Later versions are permitted.
(sorry for my english)