Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- Can't post SVG files by MedicineStorm
- Open Pixel Project - Looking for help! by Hapiel
- Universal LPC Collection by ElizaWy
- Security - Add a appropriate SSL-Cert by Redshrike
- Weekly Challenge: Surt's Scraps (due March 26) by Mophs
- Site FAQ/Submission Guidelines Updates/Changes - PART 1 by DezrasDragons
- 2D Indie Game Art & Animation (pixel, vector, painted) by DesixStudios
- Building a Library of Images for Everyone by gfx0
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: At_the_Gates_of_Destiny by Zuurix
- Re: OPP2017 - Sprites, characters, objects, effects by Snabisch
- Re: girl/woman in dress by Snabisch
- Re: Equipment Icon Pack by Snabisch
- Re: Random Germs/Amoeba Sprites by Snabisch
- Re: Cartoon Jester by thebluejester
- Re: Catsong by thebluejester
- Re: "Simple Desert" by farcodev
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
OpenGameArt.org Pixel Art Contest!
THIS CONTEST IS NOW OVER. YOU MAY VIEW THE RESULTS HERE.
The first and second prizes will be US$100 and US$50, respectively. At least three honorable mentions will be recognized with a prominent link to their websites or Open Source game projects, if applicable. If you're interested, here's a quick summary of the rules (read on to see the full text):
* Your entries must be based on one or both of the two above base sprites.
* You can submit multiple entries, but you can only win one cash prize.
* You must submit your entry by the end of August 1st, 2009.
* You must license your entry with a share-alike license.
* All entries are final.
* Submit your entry here!
The full text of the rules is below. Seriously, reading them is a good idea. I've tried my best to write them in plain English, but I do have to be specific.
Questions? Come talk to us on IRC.
Contest entries must be pixel art accessories or modifications for the OpenGameArt.org base sprites (linked above). This can include clothing, weapons, eyes, hair, or any other alterations or additions to the sprite bases. No new sprites or other unrelated art will be eligible to win the competition (although if properly licensed, we will still archive it on the site). You may not submit work that already exists elsewhere, even if it is your own. Under no circumstances will any rips of modifications of commercial art be accepted. OpenGameArt.org reserves the right to reject pornographic or offensive entries.
To be considered a valid submission, an entry must be done for all relevant frames of the sprite, as opposed to just one view.
All entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time on Saturday, August 1st, 2009. Late entries may be accepted at the sole discretion of the judges. Entries will not be visible to the public until the contest is over.
The grand prize and second place winner will be selected by the OpenGameArt.org staff (and, at our option, any number of guest judges), along with three or more honorable mentions. There will also be a Community Favorite vote, although the winner of this vote will not be automatically entitled to a cash prize, as we don't have the measures in place to prevent ballot stuffing. The winners will be selected on or before Sunday, August 9th, 2009.
You must provide valid contact information! If we can't contact you, we can't send you the prize. Your contact information won't be sold, distributed, displayed publicly, or used for anything other than contacting you about the contest.
You may submit as many entries as you want, however each person will be entitled to only one cash prize. One person may receive multiple honorable mentions.
All entries are final and may not be withdrawn except at the discretion of the OpenGameArt.org staff. If you wish to update your entry, simply alter it and submit it again.
For an entry to be submitted, it must be released under the GPL 2.0, CC-BY-SA 3.0, and all later versions of those licenses. Entrants may, at their discretion, also license their entry or entries under the LGPL 2, 3, or later, CC-BY 3.0 or later, or the public domain equivalent CC0. All entries will remain the property of the artist who created them. All legally licensed entries will be archived on OpenGameArt.org, regardless of whether or not they are winners or valid entries to the contest. Proper credit must be given to the creators of the base sprites you choose to use.
OpenGameArt.org will accept donations of additional prizes (be it cash or other goods). If additional prizes are donated, additional winners will be named to cover all of the available prizes. In this case, the winners will be allowed to choose their prize, in the order that they placed in the contest (the US$100 and US$50 prizes will be available no matter what). Please contact us if you'd like to donate a prize.
For reference, here is the are the sprite images, in full. There is also a greyscale version on the sprite page.