Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- AMA Supercross 2017 live stream @Anaheim-2 SX-Angel Stadium-CA-January 21,Online HD Coverage by reyansk
- 2D Platformer by Aeitia
- need help to understad LPC license by mdwh
- Hi I'm a 2D Graphic Design Artist (Vector) for hire by nikkyoryzano
- My favorite OGA JRPG tiles remixed (DB32)(WIP) by Zabin
- [LPC] RPG by ElizaWy
- Can I make an Anti-Aliasing trainer? by Invincible
- Errors posting a comment by SteveSmith
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: The Dark Amulet - Dark Mage Theme by raitoringo
- Re: Whispers of Avalon: Grassland Tileset by wanderer
- Re: Pixel couple by Mr Ric
- Re: Pico 8 Penguin/Arctic Arcade Stuff by CFKaligula
- Re: 2 seamless lava tiles by josepharaoh99
- Re: At the end of hope by josepharaoh99
- Re: Cartoon Tileset by RayaneFLX
- Re: Endless Sk8Boarder by dannorder
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Character animations, clothes, armor, weapons, skeleton enemy, combat dummy
This entry contains various sprite sheets containing clothes, armor, weapons, a skeleton enemy and a combat dummy. It also contains a sheet for a male character with weapon thrust and bow firing animations.
Some more can be found in examples/ folder in the archive.
Files in xcf/ folder are Gimp files made with version 2.8. Use this version to take advantage of layer groups in the image. These images are a kind of source image. The file male_sprites.xcf contains all the different animations, including the animations walk, slash, hurt, spellcast from base lpc assets, as well as bow and thrust animations which are made by me.
Images in png/ folder are all sprite animation sheets in 64x64 px grids. Files are sorted by animation type in separate folders, named in convention BODYPART_part_name. In some cases part name contains suggestion for use as a kit, e.g. "leather_armor", "robe", "plate_armor", "chain_armor", but many more combinations are possible.
The files BODY_male in folders hurt, slash, spellcast, walkcycle, are obviously part of the base lpc assets and are only provided for completeness.
The folder examples/ contains animated gif images which demonstrates some different clothes, equipment and color combinations. You can preview them easily in a web browser or image manipulation program.
Note that the skeleton animation sheet is compatible with the clothes and equipment sprites, but the combat dummy animation is not.
Animation sequence information:
1-9 Raise bow and aim
10 Loose arrow
11-13 Grab new arrow
5-9 Aim new arrow
10 Loose new arrow
1-4 Raise staff
5-8 Thrust loop.
Skeleton (and male) walk animation:
Sprite order information:
The best order to place sprites in top to bottom is visible in the xcf files:
Gif animation tips:
To create an animated gif from any of the sprite sheets use ImageMagic and issue these commands:
Cut the sheet into separate image files:
convert some_sheet_name.png -crop 64x64 +repage +adjoin tile_%02d.png
Then join the images into a gif:
convert -delay 12 -loop 0 -dispose Background tile_*.png animation.gif