Active Forum Topics - (view more)
- I need help to complete a school project for my son! by boygameb
- Unity Tutorials by boygameb
- problems in compiling qrpgengine, not able to build :( by boygameb
- How to start as a game developer by boygameb
- Someone willig to update Insane Bump python gimp plugin? by boygameb
- How to avoid any copyrights violations? by chasersgaming
- Building a Library of Images for Everyone by JustinLewis
- Weekly Challenge: Surt's Scraps (due March 26) by dannorder
Recent Comments - (view more)
- Re: Surt monster by chasersgaming
- Re: OPP2017 - Cave and mine cart by chasersgaming
- Re: OPP2017 - Jungle and temple set by Hapiel
- Re: RP Destiny - Sprites and Tilesets by ChaosWasTaken
- Re: Catsong by josepharaoh99
- Re: Ring Set - Precious Metals by LordNeo
- Re: A million light years between us by Alexandr Zhelanov
- Re: Free Survival Props Pack by AhNinniah
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Popular Art Collections - (view more)
New Art Collections - (view more)
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Popular This Week - (view more)
Latest Art - (view more)
Latest Art by my Friends - (view more)
I've just spent the better part of a day getting everything set up and uploading some initial content, generously donated by my talented friend Mandi Paugh. There's not a whole lot here just yet, but I'm hoping I'll be able to drum up enough interest that I can expand the gallery pretty quickly. Failing that, I'll slowly dig up and/or commission artwork until there is enough to generate interest.
Want to help? If you're an artist and you've got some old game art sitting around gathering dust, this is a great way for it to see the light of day. Dig it up, click on "Submit 2D Art" in the upper left corner of the page, and donate your old pixels to a worthy cause. The more, the merrier. Don't be alarmed if your art doesn't show up immediately; I have to review and approve it before it becomes publicly available. Response time should be less than a day, probably a lot less if you submit your art between 9 AM and 11 PM Eastern Standard Time. Note that I plan on eventually accepting 3D art, music, and sound effects as well, but I want to get things up and running first.
Our current goal is to put together enough art that someone could use it to create a Japanese-style 2D fantasy RPG from scratch. To this end, we're especially looking for character sprites, portraits, monster sprites, map tiles, and weapon/item icons. Just to reiterate, though, all 2D game art is welcome at this time.
If you think this idea is particularly awesome and you'd like to help me with the day-to-day running of the site, I could always use another site maintainer or two, people to write articles, and a good artist to do art reviews.