- Depicting procedural terrain elevation by noxabellus
- Looking for programmer to join my youtube team and make games or game addons. by Tap
- [Release] XMLegen - A Tileset Tool by Tap
- Modern Combat 5 Blackout - Environment Art by claudeb
- the 2d vs 3d flame/thread for games - which is easy or/and difficult. by shirish
- Aussenposten (formerly: Mars Colony) - LPC base builder by shirish
- IOS Dev needs Partner/Artist A.S.A.P by GroundhogGrafix
- rotating pixel art cube? by Leonartist
- Re: Little Knight (rigged, uv mapped) by Gtoknu
- Re: Landscape Asset v1 by ulf
- Re: BIG MAMA - BOSS TANK by MetaShinryu
- Re: Sara, Trevor, Puck Anime Portrait and Expressions by William.Thompsonj
- Re: Sara, Trevor, Puck Anime Portrait and Expressions by claudeb
- Re: tiny pixeled platform astronaut by z-uo
- Re: Game Button Pack by pzUH
- Re: Platform/Sidescroll monsters by TheValar
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
OGA has commissioned some more exclusive art, this time an overworld RPG tileset. For the moment, it includes only the basics -- grass, ocean, forest, cliffs, towns, and a castle. As the months pass, we'll be adding more onto it. For now, you can find it here:
Here's a preview:
As always, if you have any comments or suggestions as to what to add to it, please let us know. We also would love to accept art submissions or donations toward expanding this tileset.
We've set up a system here at OGA wherein users are awarded recognition for their accomplishments and contributions to the community. You can earn "Medals" by contributing art, posting on the forums, commenting on art, participating in contests, etc. These medals will show up on your user page and your forum posts. Accumulating medals may earn you small benefits, such as being able to bypass the approval process when posting art; however, access to all of the art on this site will always remain open to everyone.
You can read more about medals here.
I saw a submission today, and I thought it appropriate to draw special attention to it, as it's absolutely amazing. Ails submitted his archive of 420 (and growing) pixel art fantasy RPG icons. The small preview I've included here doesn't do it any justice. I recommend that you:
- Check out the submission, and
- Take a look at Ails' DeviantArt page, which has some really excellent art
The results of the Pixel Art contest are in! Here are the numbers:
Congrats to the winners and thank you to all who participated! I'm really thrilled with the amount of skill and effort on these entries. We'll be holding our next contest in a couple of months.
I encourage everyone to check out the complete results page, which lists the scores for each entry and has commentary from the judges.
I'm about half way done with writing up the results page. Expect the results within the hour.