- All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use by Eric Matyas
- Need art designer/animator for rpg game. by Redshrike
- Free the Dungeon-themed asset pack by ulf
- A-Mazing-Slimes 2D art and animations by Scribe
- suggestions? by Dae
- Sound samples licensing - need help by eugeneloza
- SOLVED - How to turn animations from blender game engine to nla track? by Danimal
- uploaded tar.gz archives not downloadable by rubberduck
- Re: Planet T by lvhua_2004
- Re: Huge Texture-Resource-Pack - Part 3 by rubberduck
- Re: Around The World by Snabisch
- Re: Nora World View Sprites by vipergames
- Re: Jack-o-lantern by vipergames
- Re: Around The World by vipergames
- Re: Fast fight / battle music by Bonsaiheldin
- Re: Ove Melaa - Dream Team by Trollypolly
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
OpenGameArt.org is currently running another pixel art contest! This time, we're looking for small (32x32 or smaller) details that might be found in a nature setting, such as rocks, mushrooms, plants, flowers, vines, etc. The best entries will be added to the OGA Community Tileset (currently in progress).
The contest runs until 11:59 PM EST on September 1. Results will be announced 2 days later. You can read the complete rules here.
I've been doing some more work on the OGA community tileset. As you can see, I'm quite serious about making it happen, but it would be nice if I could get some additional contributors other than just myself. If you're at all interested, stop by and leave a comment on our Community Projects forum.
OGA has commissioned some more exclusive art, this time an overworld RPG tileset. For the moment, it includes only the basics -- grass, ocean, forest, cliffs, towns, and a castle. As the months pass, we'll be adding more onto it. For now, you can find it here:
Here's a preview:
As always, if you have any comments or suggestions as to what to add to it, please let us know. We also would love to accept art submissions or donations toward expanding this tileset.
We've set up a system here at OGA wherein users are awarded recognition for their accomplishments and contributions to the community. You can earn "Medals" by contributing art, posting on the forums, commenting on art, participating in contests, etc. These medals will show up on your user page and your forum posts. Accumulating medals may earn you small benefits, such as being able to bypass the approval process when posting art; however, access to all of the art on this site will always remain open to everyone.
You can read more about medals here.
I saw a submission today, and I thought it appropriate to draw special attention to it, as it's absolutely amazing. Ails submitted his archive of 420 (and growing) pixel art fantasy RPG icons. The small preview I've included here doesn't do it any justice. I recommend that you:
- Check out the submission, and
- Take a look at Ails' DeviantArt page, which has some really excellent art