- Looking for 2D artist(s) for an RPG. by fanifacation
- GESGSGEDGS by rhwlffkek
- Music Composer Looking for experience by mvrasseli
- Sam Foster Sound | Experienced Composer for Hire by titanicpiano14
- How to splice irregularly spaced sprite animation sheets by Boom Shaka
- Just Uploaded Tons of MUSIC by Yottabyte1024
- I promote games for free by John_jones12
- Monster Sprite Artist needed! (Also background artist and sprite character designer) by luckymee777
- Re: happy bgm (piano,violin,flute,drums) by BahamutSoul
- Re: Last Haven by StormtrooperJon
- Re: RPG Game UI by Novack
- Re: Animated Top Down Survivor Player by 444johnb
- Re: Fugly Font by DatapawWolf
- Re: Dagger by papakosh
- Re: 512 Sound Effects (8-bit style) by SubspaceAudio
- Re: Silent World by BrightSoul
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Just wanted to let everyone know that we've posted a couple of new art commissions.
Secondly, we've completed the first of many parts of the OGA Community Tileset (by qubodup, Blarumyrran, and myself), which you can find here.
We've recently received four new audio tracks, this time for use in sci-fi and action games. Excellent work by remaxim, as always. These songs are:
- Stone Fortress ( http://opengameart.org/content/stone-fortress )
- Infiltrator ( http://opengameart.org/content/infiltrator )
- Feeding Frenzy ( http://opengameart.org/content/feeding-frenzy )
- High Tech Lab ( http://opengameart.org/content/high-tech-lab )
For the record, these are worth a listen even if you're not using them in a game. :)
OGA has commissioned a bunch of new, freely-licensed content in the last couple of weeks that I'd like to draw your attention to. In the art section, we have a set of 10 pixel art RPG monsters (each in three different color palettes):
In audio, we have five new songs suitable for a fantasy setting:
In the coming days, keep your eye out for a set of pixel art wilderness tiles and a set of fantasy portraits.
A couple people have asked me to set up a subscription system that would bill automatically every month. Just to make sure we're clear, donations and subscriptions are, and always will be, completely optional. OGA will never have a special subscribers-only section of the site, as it would defeat the purpose. Rather, the benefit of your donation is that every penny of the money donated will go toward commissioning freely-licensed art and music that can be used in FOSS games (I will always cover the monthly server costs myself, along with some commissions).
Subscription options start as low as $3/month, and believe me when I say that every little bit counts. If you're interested, the donation page is here:
Thanks a lot for your continued interest and support!
P.S. As always, if you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment or contact me.
We've had some exciting developments in the audio department today. If you browse through the recently uploaded songs, you'll notice a lot of excellent material from Radakan, which is, in their words, "a single player RPG/adventure game set in a dark fantasy setting, where five races struggle for survival." It's a cool project in active development that I highly recommend you check out. Mad props (no pun intended) to OGA user and 3D artist pfunked, who is creating some stylized props and weapons for each of Radakan's 5 races.
Radakan is a promising project in early development, and they're looking for concept artists, 3D artists, and animators, as well as other help. If you're interested in getting into FOSS game development, I'd definitely recommend joining their team.