- All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use by Eric Matyas
- $100 Micro Grant for Free/Libre Asset Creation by Buch
- Site Administration by p0ss
- Simple Site Improvement - Add More Rows in Latest Art by MoonStar
- Extremely Cheap Pixel Artist by Invincible
- Artists needed for Puzzle Platformer (From Light) by From Light Recr...
- 255 Sprites by GabeChHe
- Sam Foster Sound | Experienced Composer for Hire by titanicpiano14
- Re: 2D Platformer Santorini Pack by dannorder
- Re: Top down painted tanks by alex@Symbroson
- Re: Free Music Pack by jwoo4life
- Re: Pixel Art Enemies - Axe Throwing Goat or Ram, Axe Throwing Monkey or Ape, Walking Pig by Aeitia
- Re: Simple Knight by Snabisch
- Re: TF Games (font) by mold
- Re: Goldmine (Low Poly) by Snabisch
- Re: Square explosion by Snabisch
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Support OpenGameArt.org on Patreon!
Popular This Week - (view more)
Latest Art - (view more)
Latest Art by my Friends - (view more)
Featured Art - (view more)
In response to a thread over at freegamedev, we've made some major changes over the past couple of days to how texture browsing works. We've unpacked all of the texture archives on OGA and made the textures individually browse-able by category. A big thank you goes out to the folks who have been helping manually categorize the nearly 4,000 texture files in the arcnive. :)
Note that there are a few more changes coming -- expect some navigation improvements in the near future, along with the ability to filter textures by license and resolution.
So, what are you waiting for? You can use the new texture browsing interface by going to Browse -> Textures on the main menu. :)
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we've added several often-requested new features over the course of the last week. These include:
- Download counts for files.
- Social networking links (not just on blog entries -- check the art pages too!)
- More RSS feeds, including per-user art feeds.
- A helpful submission guidelines link conveniently located at the top of the art submission page. ;)
OpenGameArt.org is very proud to announce that we are collaborating with the Free Software Foundation and the Creative Commons to bring you the Liberated Pixel Cup, a two month long summer contest about creating a consistent set of art and then making awesome games with it!
As you might imagine, this is big news for OGA -- there's no better way for us to further our mission of bringing artists and developers together to make awesome free and open source games than having the opportunity to work together with the CC and the FSF towards making that happen!
FOSS steampunk MMORPG Tempest in the Aether is celebrating their first release with an art contest! They're looking for both 2D and 3D art matching their distinctive style, so if you think you've got what it takes, head on over to their contest page and take a look! They'll be giving away some significant cash prizes.
P.S. Stay tuned for OGA's big announcement later this morning. :)
Tomorrow morning we'll be making a major announcement about an unprecedented collaboration between some major free culture organizations (and OGA!) toward the creation of FOSS games. Watch this space! :)