- Kenney Studio (beta) by cdoty
- Space Inc. - a HTML5 top down multiplayer space game by Bonsaiheld
- Anime Model: Face Modeling Using Reference by Wind astella
- SkyEdge The Wraith by Wind astella
- ChaosEsque-Anthology: Opensource/Free FPS standalone mod of Xonotic released. by chaosesqueteam
- Kickstarter: The Firearm Sound Library (24 hours left!) by MoikMellah
- health potion and gold ? by lrak
- 2D Artist needed by wrymn
- Re: Spikey Stuff by Charlie
- Re: All the things in my life by 810
- Re: Blue Space by FoxSynergy
- Re: LPC Dark Elves by Redshrike
- Re: Avatar Generator with 15+ Trillion Combinations by Alex M.
- Re: Platformer Art: Buildings by russpuppy
- Re: Blue Space by Pompei2
- Re: Camp Fire Animation for RPGs (finished) by psycho7005
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
There is currently 1 user online.
Trouble in Libreland
Description and Notes:
It's a hybrid game that inherits from RTS and RPG. We're focusing on realistic combat management and story. In verry essence, there will be a town called Libreland and player is the mayor of the town. Wildlings will be attacking to town and protecting the town is the objective of the game. Soldiers will be able to equip items that are crafted by Artisans. Both Artisans and Soldiers will be chosen among the citizens by players respected to their stats. Each profession has specific stats which is more beneficial than the other stats. Finally, citizens will supply the resource to upgrade Soldiers and Artisans by paying taxes which may effect their happiness. To compile the game run cmake . make in /Project . it will compile to the same directory with the name trinlibr. We have tested Linux build only on Fedora 16 with g++ 4.6.3. g++ version might be important as the system uses C++11 features. The underlying engine assumes 32bit integers (sorry) and it will not run on 64bits systems. The game is *mostly* playable state (might be too hard, it also has many bugs). Zoom has problems. Pathing has serious issues. Adjusting game speed works almost perfectly (except for animation, they don't match the speed) and can be used for quick glance. There are two maps, Test and Trouble in Libreland. Test map might be hard without debug mode cheats. As the ranged combat mechanics are not finished, range attacks are pretty powerful. Pathing has the most problems. It is best if you move your soldiers close to their targets, so that they can pick their own. There is help and tutorial documents in /Docs folder. Just a tip, plate mail is overpowered as is bow. Good luck. All aspects of the game be edited using the respective editors. They are located in Tools/Editors folder. Their binaries are supplied however, recompile is strongly advised. To recompile a tool go into its own directory and use cmake . make it will compile it to /Tools/Editors folder. Creating new maps is pretty easy and fun. I recommend you to give it a try. UI is also rushed, if you have problem clicking on something try a little bit to the right. Almost all game code including editors are written during the contest. Only animation importer was partially coded when the contest begun. Gorgon Game Engine, Gorgon Resource system and Gaming Libraries are all licensed GPL3. The Canvas object of Graphics Library is also licensed by GPL 3. The following is the sourceforge project link for these libraries https://sourceforge.net/projects/gorgon-ge/ Thank you for hosting this contest. It was really the push we needed for a long time. PS: sorry if any words are incomprehensible. Its 6am here.
Trouble in Libreland.7z (36 downloads) 30.9M