Proposed Timeline (subject to change -- please comment)
This timeline will be listed by the number of hours spent as opposed to actual time, since I don't want to add too much confusion with timezones. The project will be 48 hours total. These are intended milestones that we should reach by the given time:
- 45min: Decide on a general concept for the game.
- 1 hour: Choose libraries/engines/framework/etc (most of this discussion should happen before the project starts) (Milestone 1 complete)
- 3 hours: Come up with basic implementation plan. Assign art responsibilities. Have basic concept art generated by this time. (Milestone 2 complete)
- 6 hours: Create stubs of necessary classes and functions. Find usable art from various resource sites.
- 7 hours: Assign coding, art, and content responsibilities (generate itemized todo list). [edit: this originally said 'assign coding responsibilities', but I've expanded it to include the main, itemized todo list]
- 12 hours: Tech demo. (Milestone 3 complete)
- 20 hours: Have basic game code in place.
- 24 hours: Have a basic, working, playable game. (Milestone 4 complete)
- 44 hours: Have a complete (or at least better) game.
- 48 hours: Have the game working on all three target platforms. (Milestone 5 complete)
This is very basic and will probably need modifications. Before commenting, please see my forum post about the game plan, as they are interrelated and will be clearer together.