- Going to start a new game project by Tozan
- About PayPal and nonprofit by claudeb
- Looking for artists for turn base startegy game PocketHeroes by greysaga
- requesting animated&textured parrot model by sheldcooperr
- offhand weapon by hammergil
- Environment Design by doge105
- Game Dev looking for Artist by kristenfli
- Redraw request by salierus
- Re: MML El Infausto Ladrón de Joyas A by Nikita_Sadkov
- Re: 54 Casino sound effects (cards, dice, chips) by Charles Stover
- Re: Seven Kingdoms Graphics by prozi
- Re: Furry Tales by capbros
- Re: Dungeon Tileset by Charlie
- Re: RPG Tiles: Cobble stone paths & town objects by Rexzooly
- Re: Snow/Desert/Water Tiles by idoh40
- Re: Blasphemer Assets by Nikita_Sadkov
Popular This Month
Favorite Submitters This Month
Donate to OpenGameArt.org
Thanks for your interest in donating to OpenGameArt.org. Before you donate, I'd like to briefly describe how we're funded and where the money goes to.
At the time of this writing, I (Bart) fund the entire site out of pocket. This includes shared space on a web server with up to 1 TB of bandwidth per month, and any art commissions. My current hosting costs $90/month plus $100 or more per month in commissions (in some months, I've spent up to $300 on this), making my total out-of-pocket cost roughly $200-400 per month.
Please note note that OpenGameArt.org is, and always will be, free for everyone. I do not expect anyone to donate in exchange for using the site, as that would defeat the purpose. This page is here for people who would like to contribute.
Read on below the donation buttons for more detailed information.
I've allocated $200/month for hosting costs, and will continue to cover all of it until our bandwith usage exceeds a terabyte, at which point I may need donations to cover bandwidth charges. For the time being, all donations will go toward commissioning art, in addition to the roughly $100 per month worth of commission money that I'll be contributing myself when I have funds available. My current plan is to commission artworks every time roughly $150 worth of donations becomes available, although this may vary somewhat depending on the commission. For instance, if I were to commission high quality, rigged 3D models, I suspect the cost may be far higher. Under no circumstances do I ever plan to make a profit from this site.
Please understand that if you contribute money to this site, the art I commission will be solely at my discretion. However, I'm always open to user input as to what the site should be commissioning next. If you want your money to go toward something specific, the alternative is to commission the artwork yourself and then donate the finished art.
My suggested donation is at least $2, as Paypal gets 30 cents plus 1.9 to 2.9 percent of every donation. You're welcome to contribute more if you're so inclined. I know not everyone likes Paypal, but it's the only online option I know of that doesn't incur a monthly fee. If you'd prefer to donate by check, contact me and we can work that out.
If you decide to contribute, please contact me and let me know if you'd like to be recognized for your contribution. There are no special benefits for contributors, except (optionally) a flag on your account that says you're a supporter.
We also accept BitCoin donations.
A Flattr widget is available on the left or you can flattr us via this link.